Fudgy and almost mud-cake-like, these strawberry and white chocolate muffins are a great way to use up an abundance of fruit.
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (240g) Greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) light flavoured oil (I actually used extra virgin olive oil)
- 1½ cups (225g) fresh strawberries, chopped into chunks
- 200g white chocolate, chopped into rough chunks
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (400°F). Line muffin tins with patty pans
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl
- Add the sugar and stir to combine
- Combine yoghurt, eggs and oil in a separate bowl and whisk together. Stir through the flour mixture until just combined.
- Carefully fold in the strawberries and chocolate and spoon into the lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 14 minutes (they are cooked when you insert a skewer and it comes out clean)
Tip: to help stop strawberries from sinking to the bottom, toss the chopped pieces through some flour before folding them into the muffin batter
Keywords: muffins, snacks