Golden, garlicky nuggets served Spanish tapas style. These easy garlic mushrooms are quick to prepare and will be quickly eaten!
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1–2 cloves of garlic sliced, chopped or grated
- 150g button mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tablespoon dry sherry or apera (see note)
- Chopped parsley
- In a small fry pan, heat the oil over a low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute to soften (you don’t want browned garlic here)
- Add mushrooms and turn the heat up to medium high. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 6 or 7 minutes until the mushrooms are tender (you can test this by piercing them with a knife- if the knife slides in easily they are done!)
- Add the sherry and cook for another 2 minutes
- Toss through the parsley and serve immediately
I used Golden Oak Medium Apera (I don’t cook with alcohol, so I was just winging it in the bottle shop!!)
You can use white wine if you don’t have any sherry. I have also found – and I know this might be breaking all of the ‘rules’ given it is meant to be a Spanish style dish – but Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine) also works fine.
Keywords: Spanish garlic mushrooms, mushroom tapas, mushroom side dish